Job title: Payroll Administrator
Main purpose of Role:
To assist with the processing of weekly and monthly payrolls for a selection of our clients, who are a variety of different sectors and sizes.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Processing payroll for clients using Star Software is useful but training will be given. Running weekly, fortnightly, 4 weekly and monthly payrolls, for multiple clients. Seeing the payroll through from start to end.
- Dealing directly with client queries.
- Manage and administer employee issues e.g. sick notes, holiday forms, SMP, SPP, SAP, National Living Wage etc
- To provide weekly, monthly data reports as required by the client.
- To administer auto enrolment pension schemes as well as any other related schemes, as required by the client
- Administer company benefits scheme such as childcare vouchers, salary sacrifice etc
- Other duties may include inputting and checking starters/leavers declarations, P45’s, holiday pay, salaries, worked hours, overtime, expenses, mileage, bonus payments, statutory payments, as required by each individual client.
- Carrying out year-end procedures and issuing P60’s.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience of managing a payroll
- Confident working knowledge of both NMW and Auto enrolment is essential
- Experience of working within a busy payroll environment is essential
- Good working knowledge of payroll legislation and regulations
- Confident to work independently as well as part of a busy team, aiding other staff members, as required
- IT literate and able to use Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Accurate and numerate, with a methodical and organised approach to work.
Normal office conditions.