Job title: Accounts Apprentice - AAT
Department: Audit and Accounts
Applications to: Nicky Brookes email@example.com
Closing date: 3 May 2019
Start date: June / July 2019
Main purpose of Role:
To learn and develop within the company, working in the audit and accounts department supporting them as appropriate.
Promote the HJS Solutions brand.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- To attend college relating to AAT programme on block or day release as appropriate.
- Assisting in the preparation of accounts.
- Dealing with monthly and quarterly book keeping on behalf of clients.
- Processing accounting records
- Preparing VAT returns for review
- Preparing account reconciliations for review
- Producing end of year accounts on a bespoke software package
- Preparing corporation tax returns and computations for review
- Preparing personal tax returns for review
- Begin to develop an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles reporting rules, where applicable and financial statement presentation.
- To ensure personal timesheets are accurate and timely so that budgets and forecasts are met.
- To effectively operate all office systems.
- Use computerised accounting software.
- Work closely with the supervisor to obtain and maintain up to date technical knowledge.
- To handle queries from client as appropriate
- To maintain interface with clients in order to resolve any technical issues as appropriate.
- Achieve agreed client objectives.
- To provide support and training to team members as required.
- Any other duties as requested at a level appropriate to this role.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Personal chargeable time budget to be achieved as agreed at the beginning of each financial year
- Customers satisfied with service provided.
- Production of client work to agreed timescales.
- Production of client work to agreed budgets
- Work accurate
- Responding to client’s emails/ telephone calls within 24 hours.
- Statutory timescales met.
- Achieving satisfactory study progression
- To assist achieving team billing targets
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A - C, including Maths and English
- At least 2 A Levels grade A – C (or equivalent)
- Computer literate
- Good IT skills, particularly in the use of spreadsheets
Requires Attributes & Skills:
- Prepared to commit to a college based learning programme.
- An interest in business and finance
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A thorough, methodical and logical approach
- Being friendly and tactful
- Be able to recognise when consultation is required.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to get on with colleagues and clients alike
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Discretion and honesty when handling confidential information.
Normal office conditions.
In 3 years following completion of your AAT qualification we would expect to see indications that you are taking ownership of all assignments allocated to you and working towards a semi-senior role within the team.